8 Reasons to be a Phoenix Member
Any old health fund can tell you they look after their members better, pay higher benefits, and charge you less. At Phoenix Health though, we not only talk the talk, but we walk it too.
Take a look at the 8 reasons why you should be a member of Phoenix Health Fund.
- We’re a not-for-profit health fund. This means that our members are our number one priority, not shareholders, and allows us to provide more to our members for less.
- We care about our members and our members care about us. Over the last seven consecutive years, Phoenix Health Fund’s member satisfaction survey confirmed that over 97% of our members are satisfied with the products and services that we offer them.
- We pay back more than the big funds! The big funds might tell you they pay more, but The State of the Health Fund report developed by the Government each year shows that Phoenix pays more than Bupa, Medibank, AHM and Nib towards total benefits. This philosophy has won us best value Top Hospital Private Health Insurance in the latest Choice Magazine.
(Source: State of the health funds Report 2015)
- We are endorsed by Members Owned Health Fund (MOHF) as a fund who is focused primarily on member satisfaction and value. Being a part of MOHF assures our members that their needs are always our top priority and profits are returned to members through higher benefit returns, not divided out to shareholders or overseas owners.
- We don’t limit your choice of providers – At Phoenix Health Fund, you are able to claim for treatment at any registered provider. We don’t have preferred providers, so our members have the flexibility of going to any provider of their choice.
- A wide range of Doctor and Hospital contracts – Phoenix Health Fund is a part of the Australian Health Service Alliance (AHSA). Through the AHSA, Phoenix members can access a nation-wide range of doctors and hospitals under contract. We are part of the AHSA because it gives our members the best choice of doctors and hospitals when they need it.
- Higher paying medical contracts through the Access Gap Scheme – Phoenix offers members our great value Access Gap Cover scheme, which is designed to reduce medical gap payments for members. Being part of the Australian Health Service Alliance (AHSA) means our members have the opportunities to reduce or remove out of pocket expenses all together.
- Call us and you’ll speak to a person straight away. At Phoenix Health Fund, if you need to call us over the phone, we won’t waste your time by having you wait in a phone queue. When you call us, one of our friendly staff will pick up the phone and answer your call when you need assistance.
Source: Discovery Research Report 2016